Welcome to Room 17!
My name is Michelle Slee and I will be the classroom teacher in Room 17 for 2016. I am excited about the opportunity to get to know you and am looking forward to an exciting and productive year.
A bit about me...
I previously taught at Reremoana School from 2008 - 2013 (as Miss Clarke) and taught a range of year levels throughout the school. I returned to Reremoana School for Term 4 last year after spending 2 years teaching in an International School in Dubai. I have a passion for teaching and especially love math, writing and e-learning. I am looking forward to providing exciting opportunities for your child this year!
A few messages:
- Stationery lists are available on the school website. I highly recommended covering exercise books with Duracell or other such material. This makes it easier to keep your child’s books in good condition.
- It is important that you name all parts of your child’s uniform, including hats and shoes. I cannot stress this enough. Lost property is very easily returned if it is labelled!
- We will be utilising Chromebooks frequently in Room 17. Please read and sign the Chromebook user agreement with your child if they will be bringing their own Chromebook to school.
- Homework will be given weekly and will be available both digitally and on paper. It will be distributed on a Monday and handed in on a Friday. Please email or write a note if for any reason your child cannot complete their homework.
- Please check out our classroom blog! It will be updated regularly. You can access the blog through this address: http://room17.reremoana.
- Please feel free to email me if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org